Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) has been around for years, but it’s only really begun to catch on in recent times. Consequently, it’s crucial that you find a practitioner that is both knowledgeable and reputable near you before spending a single dollar.
It should go without saying that the process of Scalp Micropigmentation is a cosmetic procedure, so you shouldn’t let any old Jane or Joe stick a needle in you without having first undergone rigorous training. Although it is not surgical, needles are nevertheless lightly inserted into the scalp area to deposit pigment.
What should you be looking for in a SMP practitioner before undergoing the treatment?
Credentials and Training
The first thing you should consider when choosing a clinic that performs SMP is whether or not their personnel have the proper training and credentials to perform SMP treatments. You may wish to request to see their credentials before engaging their services. If a clinic is operating legitimately and its staff are professionally qualified, it shouldn’t be a problem if in return they get to do business with you!
For SMP, look for the following:
- A practitioner with good standing and reputation in their industry;
- Reviews from previous clients;
- The clinic holds proper insurance for practitioners;
- The clinic should be registered to perform SMP with the local Health Dept. and comply with all relevant standards of the Health & Safety Act.
- A practitioner holds certificates from well-known bodies in SMP treatment, and has completed the relevant Safety, Hazard & Infection Control certification in the region they are located in;
- Staff are consistently keeping up to date with continuing education courses, workshops, and masterclass materials. Going to international industry conferences is also a good sign they are proactive in the industry.
Experience is among the most important considerations when it comes to choosing an SMP clinic near you. If you’ve found one online or in person, ask them who they’ve trained with, for how long, and where they obtained their credentials, as mentioned above. Certainly ask to see the practitioners portfolio of work they have personally performed during their career.
The Clinic Itself
Credentials and pieces of paper aren’t worth much if the clinic isn’t acting in a responsible manner when it comes to the manner in which the SMP is performed. That’s why you should always choose an SMP clinic that is completely sanitary, as this is a good sign that they take cleanliness seriously (as they should). But sanitary isn’t quite good enough; the treatment area itself must be sterile and clean too.
Furthermore, the practitioner should always employ sterile, single-use needles, which if packaged, should be clearly opened in front of the client. Barrier treatment is also necessary, including safety gloves, barrier tape, face coverings, and a safety guard on the SMP device.
Choose Foli Sim for your SMP treatments. Our friendly professionals will be happy to provide you with a consultation to help you decide if it’s right for you.